Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. is a locally-owned, premier custom refrigeration system company that provides a one-stop shop for our valued customers. We are proud to provide everything from custom designed refrigeration systems to upkeep and maintenance for our clients. Because of our continuous growth, we are looking for qualified new teammates who share our drive and vision.
We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Pipe Insulator for industrial projects. This person will be responsible for cutting, fitting, and installing pipe insulation and the components of insulation systems in an industrial setting including vapor barriers, vapor dams, and pipe jacketing (metal & PVC). Advancement opportunities are available. This position requires extensive travel.
Why work for us? We can offer you a career path and training to advance your career to the next level! We offer competitive salary, full benefits, substantial retirement packages (15% dollar for dollar match!), and growth opportunities to establish a career. Simply put, we are looking to invest time and money into developing the most elite team in the refrigeration industry. If you want to be the best in the business, this position is for you!
Our company focuses on four core values: Safety, Quality, Experience and Reliability. Innovative Refrigeration Systems not only meets the needs of our customers, but exceeds their expectations. We hold ourselves to a higher standard, and pursue ever-improving quality. As a full service company, our customers have come to count on our commitment to excellence in every system and service we provide.
- Safety: Our company is one of the few in the state of Virginia that is OSHA SHARP certified which means we are a model for workplace health and safety. The safety of our employees is a top priority for us.
- Quality: We settle for only the best, and our customers know when they work with us that they are getting the best-in-class products and services.
- Experience: We focus on ensuring our staff have the experience necessary to thrive in their career. We do this by offering apprenticeship opportunities, our self-guided STAR training program, and by placing a heavy focus on internal training.
- Reliability: High quality product from the start is critical in sustaining long-lasting relationships with our customers. From design, to construction, and continuing into service and aftermarket support, our team offers unbeatable full life-cycle refrigeration expertise.
- Fabricates, installs, and maintains various insulation systems on heavy industrial refrigeration equipment
- Measure, cut, fit, and install insulation and the components of an insulation system such as lagging and banding
- Install polystyrene/polyisocyanurate insulation and PVC/aluminum jacketing on pipes and valves
- Properly use and care for the tools and equipment commonly employed on an industrial job such as bending brakes, band saws, or banding tools among others
- Performs fabrication or modification of prefabricated insulation kits for special purposes such as valves, pipe fittings, and rotating equipment
- Fabricate or altering blankets, shaping or forming foam, or cutting and forming sheet metal jackets to conform with drawings and specifications
- Minimum of Two (2) years pipe insulator experience
- Proficiency in the basic skills of cutting, fitting and installing heavy industrial pipe insulation
- Possesses a basic knowledge and understanding of insulation materials, supports, moisture barriers and jackets commonly used to insulate pipe and equipment
- Must have experience working with aluminum and/or PVC jacketing
- Knowledge of the various methods used to install and repair insulation and the components of insulation systems
- Ability to read and interpret the drawings and specifications as they pertain to insulation
- Possesses current knowledge of insulation and craftsman practices
- Companies are a tobacco-free workplace and, as such, no tobacco products are allowed during the workday on the jobsite(s).
- Position requires pre-employment drug screening, felony screening, and DUI screening
- As a representative of the company, individuals should be well groomed and presentable
- Must have valid driver’s license and be capable of driving up to 10 hours in a day
- Extensive travel required (typical tour is from the Tuesday of the 1st week to the Thursday of the 2nd week, with 10-12 hour days)
- Ability to see and hear industrial equipment as it moves around the jobsite
- Requires face-to-face communication and contact with others (face-to-face, telephone, email, or otherwise)
- Requires working in very hot (above 100F) or very cold (below 10F) temperatures and the ability to wear all required safety PPE in these conditions
- This position is a safety sensitive position and will require pre-employment and regular drug testing
- Position requires pre-employment background check and drug screening. If you have had a DUI in the last 5 years, you will not be hired.
- Retirement plan; company matches dollar for dollar up to 15%
- Health insurance; company pays 75% of the premiums for employee/family
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Weekly pay
- Competitive vacation & holiday pay
- Supplemental insurance available (Aflac)
- Short-term & long-term disability coverage
- Accidental death/dismemberment coverage after one year of employment
- Life insurance coverage after one year of employment
- Employee referral incentives
- Opportunities for advancement, professional development, training opportunities, and apprenticeship programs available
- Discounts on cell phone plans, rental vehicles, and other company discounts for eligible positions