Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. is a locally-owned, premier custom refrigeration system company that provides a one-stop shop for our valued customers. We are proud to provide everything from custom designed refrigeration systems to upkeep and maintenance for our clients. Because of our continuous growth, we are looking for qualified new teammates who share our drive and vision.
We are seeking Pre-Apprentices who are looking to take the first step towards becoming a licensed journeyman tradesman. We currently offer apprenticeship programs in: Pipe Welding, Industrial Electricity, Mechanical Insulation, and Ammonia Refrigeration. This Entry-Level position would be evaluated during a 6-9-month training period and transitioned into a state-licensed apprenticeship program. The ideal candidate is career-oriented and goal-driven, with growth and leadership potential. Before transitioning into the apprenticeship program, this position will be responsible for rigging, painting, insulation, and other various tasks assigned by management.
Why work for us? We can offer you a career path and training to advance your career to the next level! We offer competitive salary, full benefits, substantial retirement packages (15% dollar for dollar match!), and growth opportunities to establish a career. Simply put, we are looking to invest time and money into developing the most elite team in the refrigeration industry. If you want to be the best in the business, this position is for you!
Our company focuses on four core values: Safety, Quality, Experience and Reliability. Innovative Refrigeration Systems not only meets the needs of our customers, but exceeds their expectations. We hold ourselves to a higher standard, and pursue ever-improving quality. As a full service company, our customers have come to count on our commitment to excellence in every system and service we provide.
- Safety: Our company is one of the few in the state of Virginia that is OSHA SHARP certified which means we are a model for workplace health and safety. The safety of our employees is a top priority for us.
- Quality: We settle for only the best, and our customers know when they work with us that they are getting the best-in-class products and services.
- Experience: We focus on ensuring our staff have the experience necessary to thrive in their career. We do this by offering apprenticeship opportunities, our self-guided STAR training program, and by placing a heavy focus on internal training.
- Reliability: High quality product from the start is critical in sustaining long-lasting relationships with our customers. From design, to construction, and continuing into service and aftermarket support, our team offers unbeatable full life-cycle refrigeration expertise.
- Rigging equipment
- Safely operating a fork truck
- Grinding, sanding, or brazing
- Pipe insulation
- Maintaining good housekeeping & safety regulations on the shop floor
- Other duties as assigned by management
- After six-to-nine months of successful baseline training, transition into apprenticeship program will be evaluated.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of basic measurements & how to read a tape measure
- Construction/manufacturing experience preferred
- Able to pass a motor vehicle check
- Regular attendance and punctuality at assigned times is required
- Good mechanical ability, reasoning and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic
- Good communication skills-written & verbal
- Ability to perform sustained overhead reaching and tolerate prolonged standing and walking
- Normal depth perception, vision and ability to distinguish color
- Must be willing to work some Saturday shifts and be open to overtime
- Ability to climb 40-foot extension ladders and work on all types of ladders
- Ability to operate scissor lifts, fork trucks, boom lifts, lulls and other industrial equipment safely
- Must be able to work at heights in a safety harness
- Ability to see and hear industrial equipment moving around the job site.
- Capable of working alone up to 12 hours carrying out assigned tasks
- Capable of lifting 75lbs frequently during the day
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, kneel, and squat for extended periods of time
- Requires working in a shop that can get very hot or very cold. Must have the ability to wear all required safety PPE in these conditions.
- This position is a safety sensitive position and will require pre-employment and regular drug testing
- Retirement plan; company matches dollar for dollar up to 15%
- Health insurance; company pays 75% of the premiums for employee/family
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Weekly pay
- Competitive vacation & holiday pay
- Supplemental insurance available (Aflac)
- Short-term & long-term disability coverage
- Accidental death/dismemberment coverage after one year of employment
- Life insurance coverage after one year of employment
- Employee referral incentives
- Opportunities for advancement, professional development, training opportunities, and apprenticeship programs available
- Discounts on cell phone plans, rental vehicles, and other company discounts for eligible positions