Why work for us? We can offer you a career path and training to advance your career to the next level! We offer competitive salary (skilled candidates can make 6 figures!), full benefits, substantial retirement packages (15% dollar for dollar match!), company credit card, laptop, service vehicle, and cell phone. Simply put, we are looking to invest time and money into developing the most elite team of technicians and engineers in the ammonia refrigeration industry. If you want to be the best in the business, this position is for you!
Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. is seeking to place a full-time Commissioning Technician. This position would be a part of our Engineering/Service departments but will report directly to the Vice President of Construction. A complete understanding of industrial ammonia refrigeration and electrical power and controls is a must to be successful in this role. This position will require someone with the ability to take full responsibility for the entire commissioning process from team and site safety, management controls/PLC engineers, management of additional service technicians, refrigerant loading process, power initiation at 460Volt, voltages higher and lower, and all mechanical systems and their interfaces.
Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. is a national, premier industrial refrigeration design build contractor that strives to provide a one-stop shop for our valued customers. We are proud to provide everything from custom designed refrigeration systems to upkeep and maintenance for our clients. Because of our continuous growth, we are looking for qualified, dedicated, passionate new teammates who share our drive and vision.
About the Position:
- Job Security: Long-term, permanent position with benefits
- Weekly pay
- Application takes 5-10 minutes, receive feedback in 2 business days
- Lead commissioning engineer responsible for new and retrofitted industrial refrigeration systems startup process in food, beverage, general industry, petrochemical, pharmaceutical and refrigerated storage facilities ranging from 500 HP to 10,000 HP.
- Risk management for location when starting up plants with ammonia, CO2 and Freon refrigeration equipment commonly found in industrial applications.
- Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to all work safety policies, procedures, governing requirements, ability to lead work with other engineers and technicians. Lead process and take full responsibly for entire team’s success and customer satisfaction of each project.
- Initial commissioning of industrial screw compressors, industrial reciprocal compressors, recirculators, refrigerant pumps, chillers, evaporators, water cooled condensers, air cooled condensers, evaporative cooled condensers, water pumps, dispersion tanks, process freezers off all types, freeze dryers, plate freezers, and all customer processes attached to industrial refrigeration systems. You will work with electrical engineering teams and will be the lead engineer over entire commissioning process.
- Ability to organize team with VP of construction for time off during project commissioning so subordinates are not made to work more than 10 days straight along with yourself.
- Ability to provide training to customer of their new plant after commissioning processes are significantly completed.
- Meet with customer/owner and their team at the end of the project to successfully transfer plant operations from your control to customer/owner and transfer continued support to our in-house aftermarket team for continued customer success with systems operations
- Must be a high school graduate or have GED, HVAC tech school preferred
- Minimum of twelve years of industrial refrigeration experience or BSME, BSMT, 4 year industrial refrigeration engineering experience with 2 years field exposure or Professional Engineering license with 2 years industrial refrigeration field exposure.
- Universal EPA certification OR ability to obtain within 15 days
- RETA 1&2 certification preferred
- Prefer experience with anhydrous ammonia (R717)
- Must be able to wear a respirator and pass a fit test
- Prefer but not necessary commissioning school trainings from Frick/Johnson Controls, GEA, Bitzer or others
- Companies are a tobacco-free workplace and, as such, no tobacco products are allowed during the workday on the jobsite(s).
- Position requires overtime, 10 days on 4 days off rotational schedule based on team needs. This will be coordinated by this position and VP of construction. Excellent physical condition as you will be required to climb ladders, wear respirator, work 10 to 12 hour days, and occasional heavy lifting.
- Position requires a pre-employment drug screening, felony screening, and motor vehicle record screening
- Health Insurance - Company pays 75% of the monthly premiums for employees and their families
- Dental Insurance
- Competitive vacation & holiday pay (15 days PTO available first year, 6 paid holidays available annually!)
- Supplemental insurance available (Aflac)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan - Company matches dollar-for-dollar up to 15%
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Accidental death/dismemberment
- Life insurance
- Employee referral incentives
- Opportunities for advancement, professional development, training opportunities available!
- Discounts on cell phone plans, rental vehicles, and other company discounts (if applicable)
- Travel, travel time, lodging, and per diem company paid
- Company provided cell phone, laptop, and credit card