Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. is looking to place Pipe Welder Trainees for a nationwide traveling position. This position is perfect for a recent graduate of a pipe welding program and is looking to get their foot in the door in this highly lucrative trade!
Training Course Overview: The candidate will travel down to our manufacturing facility to work closely with a Welding Instructor in a very hands-on, detail focused training program that is expected to last between 2-4 weeks. During this time, you will work towards being able to pass a 6G Weld Test. Once you have proven you are able to pass this test, you will be signed off to work with our traveling construction team on a 10 day on, 4-day off schedule. The initial schedule will consist of working for four (4) 10 hour shifts plus travel days.
Please note: This is not a traditional training school. This is a boot-camp-like program that will prepare you to work in the pipe fitting and welding field. This is a compressed, intense, fast-paced and challenging training course.
This person will be responsible for various types of weld preparation, welding and weld finishing operations to manufacture product to customer drawings, specifications, or other forms of instruction. Advancement opportunities are available. Travel is required.
Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. is a locally-owned, premier custom refrigeration system company that strives to provide a one-stop shop for our valued customers. We are proud to provide everything from custom designed refrigeration systems to upkeep and maintenance for our clients. Because of our continuous growth, we are looking for qualified, dedicated, passionate new teammates who share our drive and vision.
About the Position:
- Job Security: Long-term, permanent position with benefits and year-round work
- Weekly pay
- Travel schedule that typically has you home every other weekend for 4 days. (Fri-Mon)
- Application takes 5-10 minutes, receive feedback in 2 business days
- Position the weld set up, fit the piping and perform welds under guidance from the Welding Instructor
- Complete open root welding (no insert)
- Assist in other areas of the jobsite as required
- Perform load rigging, torch cutting, and leveling with use of measurement tools under guidance from a foreman or the Welding Instructor
- Operate grinder and wire wheel
- Other duties as needed on the job sites
- Must be able to pass a 6G Weld test before being approved to move to the traveling construction team (Tested on 2" schedule 80 steel stick 60/10 root, 70/18 cap; pipe is beveled)
- Must be a graduate of a reputable welding school that focuses on 6G pipe welding. NO ON-THE-JOB EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED BUT IS HIGHLY PREFERRED
- Extensive travel required (typical tour is 10 days from the Tuesday of 1st week to the Thursday of 2nd week- with 12 hour days) This schedule will begin once you have passed your 6G weld test and are approved to transfer to the construction team. Otherwise you will work Monday-Thursday for 10 hour days in our manufacturing schedule. This is expected to last no more than 4 weeks.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and be capable of driving up to 10 hours, able to operate industrial lifts
- Ability to see and hear industrial equipment moving around the job site.
- Capable of working alone up to 12 hours carrying out assigned tasks
- Capable of lifting 75lbs frequently during the day
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, kneel, squat, work at heights, and climb ladders throughout the day for extended periods of time
- Requires working in very hot (above 100F) or very cold (below 10F) temperatures and the ability to wear all required safety PPE in these conditions.
- Position requires pre-employment drug screening, criminal background screening, and driving record check. If you have had a DUI within the past 5 years you are not eligible for employment at this time
- Health Insurance - Company pays 75% of monthly premiums for employees and their families
- Dental Insurance
- Competitive vacation & holiday pay
- Supplemental insurance available
- 401(k) Retirement Plan - Company matches dollar-for-dollar up to 15%
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Accidental death/dismemberment
- Life insurance
- Travel, travel time, lodging, and per diem company paid
- Employee referral incentives
- Opportunities for advancement, professional development, training opportunities, and apprenticeship programs available
- Discounts on cell phone plans, rental vehicles, and other company discounts (if applicable)