Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. is looking to place a highly skilled and motivated Refrigeration Service Technician Apprentices. This position will start out as a trainee position that will shadow a Senior Service Technician in our construction team. This position will require travel, an EPA Universal license, and the ability to work well alone and with a team. The ideal candidate will be able to think quickly on their feet and be able to problem solve effectively. Once the training period is completed, the candidate will work with the VP of Service to transition into a Service Technician position.
Why work for us? We can offer you a career path and training to advance your career to the next level! We offer competitive salary, full benefits, substantial retirement packages (15% dollar for dollar match!). Simply put, we are looking to invest time and money into developing the most elite team in the ammonia refrigeration industry. If you want to be the best in the business, this position is for you!
Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. is a locally-owned, premier custom refrigeration system company that strives to provide a one-stop shop for our valued customers. We are proud to provide everything from custom designed refrigeration systems to upkeep and maintenance for our clients. Because of our continuous growth, we are looking for qualified, dedicated, passionate new teammates who share our drive and vision.
About the Position:
- Job Security: Long-term, permanent position with benefits
- Weekly pay
- Application takes 5-10 minutes, receive feedback in 2 business days
- Responsible for refrigeration repair and maintenance support to industrial accounts in food and beverage and refrigerated storage equipment ranging from 100 HP to 5,000 HP
- Perform routine and emergency service on ammonia and Freon refrigeration equipment commonly found in industrial applications
- Use working knowledge of screw and reciprocal compressors, electrical troubleshooting all common types of ammonia central systems, & control/alarm systems to perform inspections and preventative maintenance as required
- Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to all work safety policies, procedures and governing requirements
- Knowledge of controls and electric (high and low voltage)
- Must be a high school graduate or have attained a GED, HVAC tech school preferred
- Minimum of four years of industrial HVAC/R experience (Training available for Apprentice position)
- Universal EPA certification
- RETA 1&2 certification preferred
- Must have experience with anhydrous ammonia (R717) (Training available for Apprentice position)
- Must be able to wear a respirator and pass a fit test
- Motor alignment experience a plus
- Companies are a tobacco-free workplace and, as such, no tobacco products are allowed during the workday on the jobsite(s).
- Position requires overtime, daily traveling, and occasional heavy lifting
- Position requires a pre-employment drug screening, felony screening, and motor vehicle record screening
- Health Insurance - Company pays 75% of the monthly premiums for employees and their families
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Competitive vacation & holiday pay
- Supplemental insurance available (Aflac)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan - Company matches dollar-for-dollar up to 15%
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Accidental death/dismemberment
- Life insurance
- Employee referral incentives
- Opportunities for advancement, professional development, training opportunities, and apprenticeship programs available
- Discounts on cell phone plans, rental vehicles, and other company discounts (if applicable)
- Travel, travel time, lodging, and per diem company paid
- Company Truck (varies by location, subject to change.