Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. is looking for an ambitious Apprentice Welder! This Entry-Level position would be evaluated during a 6-9-month training period and transitioned into an apprenticeship program for welding. The ideal apprentice is career-oriented and goal-driven, with growth and leadership potential. Before transitioning into the apprenticeship this position will be responsible for rigging, painting, insulation, grinding, sanding, or brazing and other various tasks assigned by management.
Why work for us? We can offer you a career path and training to advance your career to the next level! We offer competitive salary, full benefits, substantial retirement packages (15% dollar for dollar match!). Simply put, we are looking to invest time and money into developing the most elite team in the ammonia refrigeration industry. If you want to be the best in the business, this position is for you!
Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. is a locally-owned, premier custom refrigeration system company that strives to provide a one-stop shop for our valued customers. We are proud to provide everything from custom designed refrigeration systems to upkeep and maintenance for our clients. Because of our continuous growth, we are looking for qualified, dedicated, passionate new teammates who share our drive and vision.
About the Position:
- Daylight shift guaranteeing 40-50 hours a week
- Job Security: Long-term, permanent position with benefits
- Guaranteed off on Sundays
- Weekly pay
- Application takes 5-10 minutes, receive feedback in 2 business days
- Potential to advance into the welding or electrical field via apprenticeship program
- Rigging equipment
- Safely operating a fork truck
- Grinding, sanding, or brazing
- Pipe insulation
- Maintaining good housekeeping & safety regulations on the shop floor
- Other duties as assigned by management
- After six-to-nine months of successful baseline training, transition into welding apprenticeship will be evaluated.
- Knowledge of basic measurements & how to read a tape measure
- Construction experience preferred
- Able to pass a motor vehicle check
- Regular attendance and punctuality at assigned times is required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good mechanical ability, reasoning and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic
- Good communication skills-written & verbal
- Ability to perform sustained overhead reaching and tolerate prolonged standing and walking
- Normal depth perception, vision and ability to distinguish color
- Must be willing to work some Saturday shifts and be open to overtime
- Ability to climb 40-foot extension ladders and work on all types of ladders
- Ability to operate scissor lifts, fork trucks, boom lifts, lulls and other industrial equipment safely
- Must be able to work at heights in a safety harness
- Ability to see and hear industrial equipment moving around the job site.
- Capable of working alone up to 12 hours carrying out assigned tasks
- Capable of lifting 75lbs frequently during the day
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, kneel, and squat for extended periods of time
- Requires working in a shop that can get very hot or very cold. Must have the ability to wear all required safety PPE in these conditions.
- Health Insurance: Company pays 75% of the monthly premiums for employees and their families
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Competitive vacation & holiday pay
- Supplemental insurance available (Aflac)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: Company matches dollar-for-dollar up to 15%
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Accidental death/dismemberment
- Life insurance
- Employee referral incentives
- Opportunities for advancement, professional development, training opportunities, and apprenticeship programs available
- Discounts on cell phone plans, rental vehicles, and other company discounts (if applicable)