Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. is a locally-owned, premier custom refrigeration system company that provides a one-stop shop for our valued customers. We are proud to provide everything from custom designed refrigeration systems to upkeep and maintenance for our clients. Because of our continuous growth, we are looking for qualified new teammates who share our drive and vision.
We are seeking a skilled Construction Carpenter to complete local construction projects in the Waynesboro/Afton area. This would require indoor/outdoor work and require the candidate to work towards completing projects on a tight deadline. The ability to work independently without constant supervision is required to complete these projects effectively.
Why work for us? We can offer you a career path and training to advance your career to the next level! We offer competitive salary, full benefits, substantial retirement packages (15% dollar for dollar match!). Simply put, we are looking to invest time and money into developing the most elite team in the ammonia refrigeration industry. If you want to be the best in the business, this position is for you!
Our company focuses on four core values: Safety, Quality, Experience and Reliability. Innovative Refrigeration Systems not only meets the needs of our customers, but exceeds their expectations. We hold ourselves to a higher standard, and pursue ever-improving quality.
- Safety: Our company is one of the few in the state of Virginia that is SHARP certified which means we are a model for workplace health and safety. The safety of our employees is a top priority for us.
- Quality: We settle for only the best, and our customers know when they work with us that they are getting the best-in-class products and services.
- Experience: We focus on ensuring our staff have the experience necessary to thrive in their career. We do this by offering apprenticeship opportunities, our self-guided STAR training program, and by placing a heavy focus on internal training.
- Reliability: High quality product from the start is critical in sustaining long-lasting relationships with our customers. From design, to construction, and continuing into service and aftermarket support, our team offers unbeatable full life-cycle refrigeration expertise.
As a full service company our customers have come to count on our commitment to excellence in every system and service we provide.
About the Position:
- Daylight shift guaranteeing 40-50 hours a week
- Weekly pay
- Application takes 5-10 minutes
- Installing wooden structures such as roofing frames, rafters, partitions, joists, doorways, stud work, etc.
- Installing drywall, shelving, insulation, etc.
- Join materials with nails, screws, staples, or adhesives as needed
- Painting wood, metal, and other materials
- Prepare layout of the project
- Install partitions, doors, windows, etc.
- Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level
- Shape and cut materials to specified dimensions for proper installation
- Maintaining good housekeeping & safety regulations on the shop floor
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Knowledge of basic measurements & how to read a tape measure
- Ability to read and work off of blueprints
- Construction experience preferred
- Able to pass a motor vehicle check
- Regular attendance and punctuality at assigned times is required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good mechanical ability, reasoning and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic
- Good communication skills-written & verbal
- Ability to perform sustained overhead reaching and tolerate prolonged standing and walking
- Normal depth perception, vision and ability to distinguish color
- Must be willing to work some Saturday shifts and be open to overtime
- Ability to climb 40-foot extension ladders and work on all types of ladders
- Ability to operate scissor lifts, fork trucks, boom lifts, lulls and other industrial equipment safely
- Must be able to work at heights in a safety harness
- Ability to see and hear industrial equipment moving around the job site.
- Capable of working alone up to 12 hours carrying out assigned tasks
- Capable of lifting 75lbs frequently during the day
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, kneel, and squat for extended periods of time
- Requires working in the elements, this can get very hot or very cold. Must have the ability to wear all required safety PPE in these conditions.
- This position is a safety sensitive position and will require pre-employment and regular drug testing
- Health Insurance: Company pays 75% of the monthly premiums for employees and their families
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Competitive vacation & holiday pay
- Supplemental insurance available (Aflac)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: Company matches dollar-for-dollar up to 15%
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Accidental death/dismemberment
- Life insurance
- Employee referral incentives
- Opportunities for advancement, professional development, training opportunities, and apprenticeship programs available
- Discounts on cell phone plans, rental vehicles, and other company discounts (if applicable)