Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. is a locally-owned, premier custom refrigeration system company that provides a one-stop shop for our valued customers. We are proud to provide everything from custom designed refrigeration systems to upkeep and maintenance for our clients. Because of our continuous growth, we are looking for qualified new teammates who share our drive and vision.
We are seeking a Pipe Fitter/Welder for a nationwide traveling position. This person will be responsible for various types of weld preparation (including fitting), welding and weld finishing operations to manufacture product to customer drawings, specifications, or other forms of instruction. Advancement opportunities are available. Travel is required.
Why work for us? We can offer you a career path and training to advance your career to the next level! We offer competitive salary, full benefits, substantial retirement packages (15% dollar for dollar match!), and growth opportunities to establish a career. Simply put, we are looking to invest time and money into developing the most elite team in the refrigeration industry. If you want to be the best in the business, this position is for you!
Our company focuses on four core values: Safety, Quality, Experience and Reliability. Innovative Refrigeration Systems not only meets the needs of our customers, but exceeds their expectations. We hold ourselves to a higher standard, and pursue ever-improving quality. As a full service company, our customers have come to count on our commitment to excellence in every system and service we provide.
- Safety: Our company is one of the few in the state of Virginia that is OSHA SHARP certified which means we are a model for workplace health and safety. The safety of our employees is a top priority for us.
- Quality: We settle for only the best, and our customers know when they work with us that they are getting the best-in-class products and services.
- Experience: We focus on ensuring our staff have the experience necessary to thrive in their career. We do this by offering apprenticeship opportunities, our self-guided STAR training program, and by placing a heavy focus on internal training.
- Reliability: High quality product from the start is critical in sustaining long-lasting relationships with our customers. From design, to construction, and continuing into service and aftermarket support, our team offers unbeatable full life-cycle refrigeration expertise.
- Weld pipe ranging in size from 3/4" up to 18" (majority of pipe welding is performed on 2" to 6" pipe)
- Weld pipe runs on critical components including: Compressors, vessels, evaporators, oil separators, condensers, and various pieces of pre-fab
- Cutting, beveling, and fitting pipe
- Position the weld set up, fit the piping and perform welds independently.
- Complete open root welding (no insert)
- Weld 50 diameter inches in 8 hours
- Assist the jobsite team in the following areas: insulation, electrical, and painting
- Perform load rigging, torch cutting, and leveling with use of measurement tools
- Operate grinder and wire wheel
- Other duties as needed on the job sites
- Must be able to pass a 6G weld test prior to employment (Tested on 2" schedule 80 steel stick 60/10 root, 70/18 cap; pipe is beveled)
- Minimum of 2 years’ industrial pipe welding experience required
- Extensive travel required (typical tour is 10 days from the Tuesday of 1st week to the Thursday of 2nd week - with 10-12 hour days)
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and be capable of driving up to 10 hours, able to operate industrial lifts
- Preferably have experience with either high pressure pipe, steam line or gas line, or process pipe welding
- This position is a safety sensitive position and will require pre-employment and regular drug testing
- Position requires pre-employment drug screening, criminal background screening, and driving record check. If you have had a DUI within the past 5 years you are not eligible for employment at this time
- Retirement plan; company matches dollar for dollar up to 15%
- Health insurance; company pays 75% of the premiums for employee/family
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Weekly pay
- Competitive vacation & holiday pay
- Supplemental insurance available (Aflac)
- Short-term & long-term disability coverage
- Accidental death/dismemberment coverage after one year of employment
- Life insurance coverage after one year of employment
- Employee referral incentives
- Opportunities for advancement, professional development, training opportunities, and apprenticeship programs available
- Discounts on cell phone plans, rental vehicles, and other company discounts for eligible positions