*Disclaimer this is not a remote position. This position will work in the corporate office*
Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. is a locally-owned, premier custom refrigeration system company that provides a one-stop shop for our valued customers. We are proud to provide everything from custom designed refrigeration systems to upkeep and maintenance for our clients. Because of our continuous growth, we are looking for qualified new teammates who share our drive and vision.
We are seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer who is looking to grow their career. As a Mechanical Design Engineer you will be provided with the training and job experience necessary to advance into a leadership role as you progress within the organization. Mechanical Design Engineers provide Project Managers with innovative designs and bills of materials needed to successfully complete each project. This job is perfect for a recent graduate from an accredited engineering program.
Why work for us? We can offer you a career path and training to advance your career to the next level! We offer competitive salary, full benefits, substantial retirement packages (15% dollar for dollar match!), and growth opportunities to establish a career. Simply put, we are looking to invest time and money into developing the most elite team in the refrigeration industry. If you want to be the best in the business, this position is for you!
Our company focuses on four core values: Safety, Quality, Experience and Reliability. Innovative Refrigeration Systems not only meets the needs of our customers, but exceeds their expectations. We hold ourselves to a higher standard, and pursue ever-improving quality. As a full service company, our customers have come to count on our commitment to excellence in every system and service we provide.
- Safety: Our company is one of the few in the state of Virginia that is OSHA SHARP certified which means we are a model for workplace health and safety. The safety of our employees is a top priority for us.
- Quality: We settle for only the best, and our customers know when they work with us that they are getting the best-in-class products and services.
- Experience: We focus on ensuring our staff have the experience necessary to thrive in their career. We do this by offering apprenticeship opportunities, our self-guided STAR training program, and by placing a heavy focus on internal training.
- Reliability: High quality product from the start is critical in sustaining long-lasting relationships with our customers. From design, to construction, and continuing into service and aftermarket support, our team offers unbeatable full life-cycle refrigeration expertise.
- Using AutoCAD, design mechanical rooms, rooftop penthouses, piping systems, and other components associated with industrial refrigeration systems for cold storage warehouses
- Prepare accurate engineering calculations for projects
- Calculate factors like tolerance, dimensions, and thermal and structural analysis
- Create designs in line with company procedure, regulations and client standards
- Submit drawings to upper management and construction teams
- Provide support during the building and installation process, ensuring that the machine is built properly and according to design specifications
- Build Bills of Materials (BOM) for each design and enter the data into ERP system
- Consult with fabrication teams during product manufacturing, advising them on design specifications and providing physical assistance when required
- Work with purchasing team on material orders
- Communicate with vendors on part specification and fabrication
- Other duties as assigned by the Project Manager
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- EIT license highly preferred
- Willingness to work towards PE license (company will pay for candidates looking to achieve this)
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD or other CAD program (Inventor, Solidworks) preferred
- Occasionally required to stand, stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Frequent walking and bending is required
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Occasional field travel to jobsites will be required in this position. (25% travel can be required in first 1-2 years during training)
- Ability to climb ladders up to 40 feet in height
- Must be comfortable at heights while on a jobsite
- This position is a safety sensitive position and will require pre-employment and regular drug testing
- Retirement plan; company matches dollar for dollar up to 15%
- Health insurance; company pays 75% of the premiums for employee/family
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Weekly pay
- Competitive vacation & holiday pay
- Supplemental insurance available (Aflac)
- Short-term & long-term disability coverage
- Accidental death/dismemberment coverage after one year of employment
- Life insurance coverage after one year of employment
- Employee referral incentives
- Opportunities for advancement, professional development, training opportunities, and apprenticeship programs available
- Discounts on cell phone plans, rental vehicles, and other company discounts for eligible positions