We are seeking an Electrical Design Engineer to join an already successful team of engineers at the recently expanded office located in Lyndhurst, VA. This position would work in tandem with our team of mechanical design engineers and would be responsible for the design of various electrical systems for industrial refrigeration equipment using CAD software.
Why work for us? We can offer you a career path and training to advance your career to the next level! We offer competitive salary, full benefits, substantial retirement packages (15% dollar for dollar match!). Simply put, we are looking to invest time and money into developing the most elite team in the ammonia refrigeration industry. If you want to be the best in the business, this position is for you!
Our company focuses on four core values: Safety, Quality, Experience and Reliability. Innovative Refrigeration Systems not only meets the needs of our customers, but exceeds their expectations. We hold ourselves to a higher standard, and pursue ever-improving quality.
- Safety: Our company is one of the few in the state of Virginia that is SHARP certified which means we are a model for workplace health and safety. The safety of our employees is a top priority for us.
- Quality: We settle for only the best, and our customers know when they work with us that they are getting the best-in-class products and services.
- Experience: We focus on ensuring our staff have the experience necessary to thrive in their career. We do this by offering apprenticeship opportunities, our self-guided STAR training program, and by placing a heavy focus on internal training.
- Reliability: High quality product from the start is critical in sustaining long-lasting relationships with our customers. From design, to construction, and continuing into service and aftermarket support, our team offers unbeatable full life-cycle refrigeration expertise.
As a full service company our customers have come to count on our commitment to excellence in every system and service we provide.
About the Position:
- Job Security: Long-term, permanent position with benefits
- Guaranteed weekends off!
- Weekly pay
- Application takes 5-10 minutes
- Develop and design electrical controls and power systems
- Production of preliminary and final design drawings and documentation through CAD program(s)
- Completion of required design calculations
- Lighting design for industrial warehousing
- Controls bill of materials/take-offs
- Assisting with purchasing of related materials
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering (5+ years of Electrical Design experience will be considered in lieu of education)
- Prefer 2+ years of related experience or a combination of education and related experience
- AutoCAD experience preferred
- Industrial or construction background preferred
- Knowledgeable of the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Knowledge of three phase motors and power system component selection
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Occasionally required to stand, stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Frequent walking and bending is required
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Occasional field travel to jobsites will be required in this position.
- Ability to climb ladders up to 40 feet in height
- Must be comfortable at heights while on a jobsite
- This position is a safety sensitive position and will require pre-employment and regular drug testing
- Health Insurance: Company pays 75% of monthly premiums for employees and their families
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Competitive vacation & holiday pay
- Supplemental insurance available
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: Company matches dollar-for-dollar up to 15%
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Accidental death/dismemberment
- Life insurance
- Employee referral incentives
- Opportunities for advancement, professional development, training opportunities, and apprenticeship programs available
- Discounts on cell phone plans, rental vehicles, and other company discounts (if applicable)