Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. is a locally-owned, premier custom refrigeration system company that provides a one-stop shop for our valued customers. We are proud to provide everything from custom designed refrigeration systems to upkeep and maintenance for our clients. Because of our continuous growth, we are looking for qualified new teammates who share our drive and vision.
We are seeking a 6G SMAW Pipe Welder at our facility in Lyndhurst, VA. This is a manufacturing position that is responsible for the fabrication and welding of pipe and other structural welding as required. This position will support our field construction team in the manufacturing process.
Why work for us? We can offer you a career path and training to advance your career to the next level! We offer competitive salary, full benefits, substantial retirement packages (15% dollar for dollar match!). Simply put, we are looking to invest time and money into developing the most elite team in the ammonia refrigeration industry. If you want to be the best in the business, this position is for you!
Our company focuses on four core values: Safety, Quality, Experience and Reliability. Innovative Refrigeration Systems not only meets the needs of our customers, but exceeds their expectations. We hold ourselves to a higher standard, and pursue ever-improving quality.
- Safety: Our company is one of the few in the state of Virginia that is SHARP certified which means we are a model for workplace health and safety. The safety of our employees is a top priority for us.
- Quality: We settle for only the best, and our customers know when they work with us that they are getting the best-in-class products and services.
- Experience: We focus on ensuring our staff have the experience necessary to thrive in their career. We do this by offering apprenticeship opportunities, our self-guided STAR training program, and by placing a heavy focus on internal training.
- Reliability: High quality product from the start is critical in sustaining long-lasting relationships with our customers. From design, to construction, and continuing into service and aftermarket support, our team offers unbeatable full life-cycle refrigeration expertise.
As a full service company our customers have come to count on our commitment to excellence in every system and service we provide.
About the Position:
- Daylight shift guaranteeing 40-50 hours per week
- Job Security- Long term, permanent position with benefits
- Guaranteed off on Sunday
- Weekly pay
- Application takes 5-10 minutes
- Weld pipe ranging in size from 3/4" up to 18" (majority of pipe welding is performed on 2" to 6" pipe)
- Weld pipe runs on critical components including: Compressors, vessels, evaporators, oil separators, condensers, and various pieces of pre-fab
- Cutting, beveling, and fitting pipe
- Position the weld set up, fit the piping and perform welds independently.
- Complete open root welding (no insert)
- Weld 50 diameter inches in 8 hours
- Perform load rigging, torch cutting, and leveling with use of measurement tools
- Operate grinder and wire wheel
- Other duties as needed on the job sites
- Prefer welding school graduate and 2+ years welding experience (extensive experience in pipe welding will be considered in lieu of education)
- Must be able to pass a 6G SMAW Weld test (tested on 2" schedule 80 steel stick, 6010 root, 7018 cap - uphill weld 45-degree angle)
- Position requires pre-employment drug screening and background check
- Must be willing to help the shop team out in the following areas: insulation, electrical, and painting
- Should be familiar with rigging, torch cutting, grinder & wire wheel operation, leveling, and use of measurement tools
- This position is a safety sensitive position and will require pre-employment and regular drug testing
- Retirement plan; company matches dollar for dollar up to 15%
- Health insurance; company pays 75% of the premiums for employee/family
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Weekly pay
- Competitive vacation & holiday pay
- Supplemental insurance available (Aflac)
- Short-term & long-term disability coverage
- Accidental death/dismemberment coverage after one year of employment
- Life insurance coverage after one year of employment
- Employee referral incentives
- Opportunities for advancement, professional development, training opportunities, and apprenticeship programs available
- Discounts on cell phone plans, rental vehicles, and other company discounts for eligible positions