Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. is a locally-owned, premier custom refrigeration system company that provides a one-stop shop for our valued customers. We are proud to provide everything from custom designed refrigeration systems to upkeep and maintenance for our clients. Because of our continuous growth, we are looking for qualified new teammates who share our drive and vision.
We are seeking an Industrial Electrician at our facility in Lyndhurst, VA. This position is responsible for the paneling and wire work for industrial refrigeration equipment. This position is located in our manufacturing facility and supports our field construction team.
Why work for us? We can offer you a career path and training to advance your career to the next level! We offer competitive salary, full benefits, substantial retirement packages (15% dollar for dollar match!), and growth opportunities to establish a career. Simply put, we are looking to invest time and money into developing the most elite team in the refrigeration industry. If you want to be the best in the business, this position is for you!
Our company focuses on four core values: Safety, Quality, Experience and Reliability. Innovative Refrigeration Systems not only meets the needs of our customers, but exceeds their expectations. We hold ourselves to a higher standard, and pursue ever-improving quality. As a full service company, our customers have come to count on our commitment to excellence in every system and service we provide.
- Safety: Our company is one of the few in the state of Virginia that is OSHA SHARP certified which means we are a model for workplace health and safety. The safety of our employees is a top priority for us.
- Quality: We settle for only the best, and our customers know when they work with us that they are getting the best-in-class products and services.
- Experience: We focus on ensuring our staff have the experience necessary to thrive in their career. We do this by offering apprenticeship opportunities, our self-guided STAR training program, and by placing a heavy focus on internal training.
- Reliability: High quality product from the start is critical in sustaining long-lasting relationships with our customers. From design, to construction, and continuing into service and aftermarket support, our team offers unbeatable full life-cycle refrigeration expertise.
- Run conduit, wiring, hook-up disconnects, switches, push buttons, circuit panels, breakers, suppressors, transformers, and wire terminations
- Install, maintain, test, evaluate, and repair various electrical components and systems including medium/high voltage automation systems and motor control circuits
- Installation and troubleshooting for wiring system layouts and circuit routing
- Operate forklifts and/or scissor lifts as required
- Read engineering drawings and schematics (Mechanical/Electrical) while also keeping them up to date
- Maintain and troubleshoot PLC sensors
- Troubleshoot electrical problems on all refrigeration equipment
- Assist in general construction duties
- Safely and properly use electrical testing equipment
- Requires a minimum of four years' experience in an industrial setting. Journeyman license preferred
- Must have experience running and bending rigid conduit (up to at least 4 inches)
- Must have knowledge of three-phase motors
- Experience with 480v AC motor control circuits preferred
- PLC experience preferred (Installation & troubleshooting)
- Familiarity with National Electrical Code
- Excellent mechanical skills required
- Capable of working alone up to 12 hours carrying out assigned tasks
- Ability to see and hear industrial equipment as it moves around the jobsite
- Capable of lifting 75lbs frequently during the day
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, kneel, squat, work at heights, and climb ladders throughout the day
- Requires working in very hot (above 100F) or very cold (below 10F) temperatures and the ability to wear all required safety PPE in these conditions
- This position is a safety sensitive position and will require pre-employment and regular drug testing
- Retirement plan; company matches dollar for dollar up to 15%
- Health insurance; company pays 75% of the premiums for employee/family
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Weekly pay
- Competitive vacation & holiday pay
- Supplemental insurance available (Aflac)
- Short-term & long-term disability coverage
- Accidental death/dismemberment coverage after one year of employment
- Life insurance coverage after one year of employment
- Employee referral incentives
- Opportunities for advancement, professional development, training opportunities, and apprenticeship programs available
- Discounts on cell phone plans, rental vehicles, and other company discounts for eligible positions