*Disclaimer this is not a remote position. This position will work in the corporate office*
Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. is a locally-owned, premier custom refrigeration system company that provides a one-stop shop for our valued customers. We are proud to provide everything from custom designed refrigeration systems to upkeep and maintenance for our clients. Because of our continuous growth, we are looking for qualified new teammates who share our drive and vision.
Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. is looking to hire an Accounting Coordinator. This position will provide support to various levels of the company and will work closely with the rest of the administrative staff & accounting staff. The accounting coordinator will be responsible for sales and use taxes, accounts receivable functions, and accounts payable functions. This position is based heavily on meeting deadlines and requires a strong attention to detail. Maintaining tax compliance for the company is the number one objective and is the featured role of this position.
Why work for us? We can offer you a career path and training to advance your career to the next level! We offer competitive salary, full benefits, substantial retirement packages (15% dollar for dollar match!), and growth opportunities to establish a career. Simply put, we are looking to invest time and money into developing the most elite team in the refrigeration industry. If you want to be the best in the business, this position is for you!
Our company focuses on four core values: Safety, Quality, Experience and Reliability. Innovative Refrigeration Systems not only meets the needs of our customers, but exceeds their expectations. We hold ourselves to a higher standard, and pursue ever-improving quality. As a full service company our customers have come to count on our commitment to excellence in every system and service we provide.
- Safety: Our company is one of the few in the state of Virginia that is OSHA SHARP certified which means we are a model for workplace health and safety. The safety of our employees is a top priority for us.
- Quality: We settle for only the best, and our customers know when they work with us that they are getting the best-in-class products and services.
- Experience: We focus on ensuring our staff have the experience necessary to thrive in their career. We do this by offering apprenticeship opportunities, our self-guided STAR training program, and by placing a heavy focus on internal training.
- Reliability: High quality product from the start is critical in sustaining long-lasting relationships with our customers. From design, to construction, and continuing into service and aftermarket support, our team offers unbeatable full life-cycle refrigeration expertise.
- Calculate, file and pay sales and use taxes in multiple states
- Responsible for all tax correspondence and compliance (mail, customer questions, quoting for jobs, etc.)
- Understand and interpret tax laws in multiple states
- Process Accounts Receivable billing for customers located nationwide
- Process Accounts Payable invoices and work closely with vendors to maintain billing accuracy
- Input invoice and project information into Epicor (ERP system)
- Assist with Monthly and Quarterly tax reconciliation in over 30 states and county jurisdictions
- Maintain compliance with evolving state and local tax rates throughout the year
- Creating new suppliers in ERP system and other company software
- Set up new projects in company software
- Other duties as assigned by the Office Manager
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration, preferred (equivalent work experience considered in lieu of degree)
- Strong understanding of sales and use tax laws preferred
- Prior experience in an accounting role preferred
- A drive to improve tax processes
- Experience with office management to include: payroll, accounts receivable, invoicing and confidentiality, preferred
- Experience with accounting software packages including Quickbooks
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work effectively with a broad range of individuals from different departments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with a desire to succeed
- Must be able to take on new tasks with minimal direction and also detail-orientated to handle high volumes of data
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office with particular emphasis on Excel and creating spreadsheets
- Must be available to work 45-50 hours per week
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Ability to problem solve quickly and effectively
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excels in an ever-changing work environment
- Leadership experience or capabilities strongly preferred
- Occasionally required to stand, stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Occasional walking and bending is required
- Retirement plan; company matches dollar for dollar up to 15%
- Health insurance; company pays 75% of the premiums for employee/family
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Weekly pay
- Competitive vacation & holiday pay
- Supplemental insurance available (Aflac)
- Short-term & long-term disability coverage
- Accidental death/dismemberment coverage after one year of employment
- Life insurance coverage after one year of employment
- Employee referral incentives
- Opportunities for advancement, professional development, training opportunities, and apprenticeship programs available
- Discounts on cell phone plans, rental vehicles, and other company discounts for eligible positions