Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. has several new positions available for Structural Welders at the facility in Lyndhurst, VA. This is a manufacturing position that is responsible for the fabrication and welding of pipe and other structural welding as required. This position will support our field construction team in the manufacturing process.
Why work for us? We can offer you a career path and training to advance your career to the next level! We offer competitive salary, full benefits, substantial retirement packages (15% dollar for dollar match!). Simply put, we are looking to invest time and money into developing the most elite team in the ammonia refrigeration industry. If you want to be the best in the business, this position is for you!
Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. is a locally-owned, premier custom refrigeration system company that strives to provide a one-stop shop for our valued customers. We are proud to provide everything from custom designed refrigeration systems to upkeep and maintenance for our clients. Because of our continuous growth, we are looking for qualified, dedicated, passionate new teammates who share our drive and vision.
About the Position:
- Daylight shift guaranteeing 40-50 hours per week
- Job Security- Long term, permanent position with benefits
- Guaranteed off on Sunday
- Weekly pay
- Application takes 5-10 minutes, receive feedback in 2-3 business days
- Weld structural components such as skid frames, penthouse frames, dispersion tanks, condenser platforms, and pipe stands
- Weld other critical structural components of the following: Compressors, vessels, evaporators, oil separators, and various pieces of pre-fab
- Welders work closely with the shop foremen and the VP of Manufacturing to complete tasks individually as well as part of a team
- Prefer welding school graduate and 1+ years welding experience (extensive experience in structural welding will be considered in lieu of education)
- Must be able to pass a 3G MIG Weld test (tested on ¼” plate, 37.5-degree bevel, open root, uphill progression)
- Ability to climb 40-foot extension ladders and work on all types of ladders
- Ability to operate scissor lifts, fork trucks, boom lifts, lulls and other industrial equipment safely
- Must be able to work at heights in a safety harness
- Ability to see and hear industrial equipment moving around the job site.
- Capable of working alone up to 12 hours carrying out assigned tasks
- Capable of lifting 75lbs frequently during the day
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, kneel, and squat for extended periods of time
- Requires working in a shop that can get very hot or very cold. Must have the ability to wear all required safety PPE in these conditions.
- Position requires pre-employment drug screening and background check
- Must be willing to help the shop team out in the following areas: insulation, electrical, and painting
- Should be familiar with rigging, torch cutting, grinder & wire wheel operation, leveling, and use of measurement tools
- Health insurance coverage for employee & family - Company pays 75% of premium
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Competitive vacation & holiday pay
- Supplemental insurance available
- Retirement plan - Company matches dollar for dollar up to 15%
- Short-term disability
- Accidental death/dismemberment
- Life insurance
- Employee referral incentives
- Opportunities for advancement, professional development, training opportunities, and apprenticeship programs available
- Discounts on cell phone plans, rental vehicles, and other company discounts (if applicable)