Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. is seeking an engineer to perform a wide range of continuous improvement and safety activities. This is a high profile role in the organization, interfacing with all levels of the company. Much of the role will be special projects, and the remainder will include safety administration, incident investigation, SOP updates, and quality control.
- Identify areas for improvement and complete continuous improvement projects
- Conduct incident investigations as needed
- Monitor employee training requirements company wide and ensure training courses are completed in a timely manner
- Conduct safety and quality checks
- Create and maintain SOPs and the company Safety Program
- Complete routine and ad hoc reports
- Identify and recommend new or modified safety procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with a broad range of individuals including craft workers to senior management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong teamwork orientation
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Positive attitude and professional customer service skills
- Detail oriented
- Able to lead/manage project teams in these process areas to ensure results and move company forward
Founded in 1993, Innovative Refrigeration Systems has grown from a humble garage shop into a powerhouse in ammonia refrigeration. We meet our customers’ needs and exceed their expectations. Innovative Refrigeration Systems holds itself to a higher standard of quality.
Our company focuses on four core values: Safety, Quality, Experience and Reliability. Innovative Refrigeration Systems not only meets the needs of our customers, but exceeds their expectations. We hold ourselves to a higher standard, and pursue ever-improving quality. As a full service company, our customers have come to count on our commitment to excellence in every system and service we provide.
- Safety: Our company is one of the few in the state of Virginia that is OSHA SHARP certified which means we are a model for workplace health and safety. The safety of our employees is a top priority for us.
- Quality: We settle for only the best, and our customers know when they work with us that they are getting the best-in-class products and services.
- Experience: We focus on ensuring our staff have the experience necessary to thrive in their career. We do this by offering apprenticeship opportunities, our self-guided STAR training program, and by placing a heavy focus on internal training.
- Reliability: High quality product from the start is critical in sustaining long-lasting relationships with our customers. From design, to construction, and continuing into service and aftermarket support, our team offers unbeatable full life-cycle refrigeration expertise.
- Retirement plan; 401K company match dollar for dollar up to 15%
- Health insurance; company pays 75% of the premiums for employee/family
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Weekly pay
- Competitive vacation & holiday pay
- Supplemental insurance available (Aflac)
- Short-term & long-term disability coverage
- Accidental death/dismemberment coverage after one year of employment
- Life insurance coverage after one year of employment
- Employee referral incentives
- Opportunities for advancement, professional development, training opportunities, and apprenticeship programs available
- Discounts on cell phone plans, rental vehicles, and other company discounts for eligible positions