Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. is a locally-owned, premier custom refrigeration system company that provides a one-stop shop for our valued customers. We are proud to provide everything from custom designed refrigeration systems to upkeep and maintenance for our clients. Because of our continuous growth, we are looking for qualified new teammates who share our drive and vision.
We are seeking a Purchasing & Logistics Coordinator in Lyndhurst, VA. This position will be responsible for providing project worksites with the materials, supplies and equipment needed to successfully complete each construction project. In order for this position to be successful, the Purchaser will build strong relationships with vendors and our field managers, enabling him/her to guide projects through successful completion. This position will work closely with the engineering, project management, and construction teams to ensure project completion.
Why work for us? We can offer you a career path and training to advance your career to the next level! We offer competitive salary, full benefits, substantial retirement packages (15% dollar for dollar match!), and growth opportunities to establish a career. Simply put, we are looking to invest time and money into developing the most elite team in the refrigeration industry. If you want to be the best in the business, this position is for you!
Our company focuses on four core values: Safety, Quality, Experience and Reliability. Innovative Refrigeration Systems not only meets the needs of our customers, but exceeds their expectations. We hold ourselves to a higher standard, and pursue ever-improving quality. As a full service company our customers have come to count on our commitment to excellence in every system and service we provide.
- Safety: Our company is one of the few in the state of Virginia that is OSHA SHARP certified which means we are a model for workplace health and safety. The safety of our employees is a top priority for us.
- Quality: We settle for only the best, and our customers know when they work with us that they are getting the best-in-class products and services.
- Experience: We focus on ensuring our staff have the experience necessary to thrive in their career. We do this by offering apprenticeship opportunities, our self-guided STAR training program, and by placing a heavy focus on internal training.
- Reliability: High quality product from the start is critical in sustaining long-lasting relationships with our customers. From design, to construction, and continuing into service and aftermarket support, our team offers unbeatable full life-cycle refrigeration expertise.
- Work within company’s Epicor ERP system to complete daily procurement tasks including: quoting process, creating and managing purchase orders, maintaining accurate note system for ease of tracking, updating shipping information, etc.
- Create and maintain lasting relationships with current and new vendors on a national and local level
- Source materials to provide cost-effective solutions for the supply-chain process
- Coordinate with project managers, engineers, manufacturing, and construction leadership to ensure all project deliverables are being met
- Work with invoicing, shop/field employees, and vendors to coordinate and process all returns and credits in a timely manner
- Track and follow up with all purchases until they are confirmed received in the shop, office, and/or field
- Other duties as assigned by Purchasing Manager
- Act as a link between all aspects of the project to ensure materials delivery dates are met and the overall project runs smoothly
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration or other related field preferred
- Prior construction experience preferred but not required
- Strong negotiating skills with the ability to deliver cost effective materials to work sites in a timely/efficient manner
- The ability to quickly adapt to new software
- The ability to make independent business decision within budget, seeking guidance only when dealing with exceptionally difficult issues
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Ability to problem solve quickly and effectively
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excels in an ever-changing work environment
- Leadership experience or capabilities strongly preferred
- Occasionally required to stand, stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Frequent walking and bending is required
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders up to 40 feet in height
- Retirement plan; company matches dollar for dollar up to 15%
- Health insurance; company pays 75% of the premiums for employee/family
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Weekly pay
- Competitive vacation & holiday pay
- Supplemental insurance available (Aflac)
- Short-term & long-term disability coverage
- Accidental death/dismemberment coverage after one year of employment
- Life insurance coverage after one year of employment
- Employee referral incentives
- Opportunities for advancement, professional development, training opportunities, and apprenticeship programs available
- Discounts on cell phone plans, rental vehicles, and other company discounts for eligible positions