An early stage software startup in Waynesboro, VA is looking for a passionate Full-Stack Software Engineer to join their growing team. We are a fast growing company seeking to solve the operational safety, quality, and health needs of industrial workforces.
We’re looking for a career-minded professional who is ready to join a team of engineers who regularly put in the work to make a product that our customers love; someone who wants to be a team player and contribute to the company’s growth in any way they can, as well as make a direct impact to the Environmental, Health, and Safety challenges facing today’s workforce.
- A workstation with great hardware
- Modern office with lots of sunlight, open space, and whiteboards
- We keep the fridge stocked for your convenience
- Be an early employee in a challenging role with tons of potential
- Craft well-designed software and user experiences in a timely fashion, from API endpoints through front-end user interfaces
- Embrace the no excuses startup work culture
- Be a member of the team; participate in design discussions and solve problems together
- Be in command of your work and make contributions that take the company to the next level.
- 1-3 years’ experience designing & developing RESTful API’s and interactive web/mobile applications
- 1-3 years’ experience with object-oriented programming in PHP and experience in designing databases with MySQL or Postgres
- Applicants should display a portfolio of well-crafted, dynamic, and responsive interfaces
- Familiarity with material design and CSS frameworks preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other related field and/or equivalent work experience
- Must possess a passion and desire for self-educating in programming and technology
- PHP framework experience with Laravel, Symfony, or Zend
- Experience with writing unit and functional tests
- Confident with Git and a Linux command line
- Experience with Docker / Nginx / PHP-fpm / and DevOps/infrastructure tasks
- Health Insurance: Company pays 75% of the monthly premiums for employees and their families
- Dental Insurance
- Competitive vacation & holiday pay
- Supplemental insurance available (Aflac)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: Company matches dollar-for-dollar up to 15%
- Short-term and Long-term disability / Accidental death/dismemberment
- Life insurance
- Employee referral incentives
What is SafetyAmp?
SafetyAmp is a cloud-based safety and compliance platform designed to help organizations improve worker safety, promote participation and engagement, and automate time consuming tasks allowing SHEQ teams to focus on higher value activities.
We help companies transform their safety culture with software that emphasizes configurability and adaptability, as well as being easy-to-use for the workforce. SafetyAmp comes with the features needed to centralize safety and compliance activities, including: Audits, Observations, Inspections, Incident Management, Document Control, Training, Analytics, and Configurable Modules.