Innovative Refrigeration Systems is a premier custom design build contractor for industrial refrigeration systems.
The Operations Specialist will provide administrative support to the sales and recruiting departments. This role will process reports, manage databases, plan and support logistics for training classes and other events, and conduct customer or job candidate calls in support of sales and recruiting personnel.
Typical Job Duties
- Event Coordination: Manage onsite IRTC refrigeration classes including scheduling, ordering supplies, order/pickup lunches, book dinners for students, prepare the classroom and prepare curriculum materials. Coordinate other events as needed.
- Sales Support: Manage databases, enter data, compile reports and assist sales staff.
- Field Kits: Inventory and restock field kits, track kits in the field and coordinate shipping to field staff.
- Recruiting Support: Assist with employee onboarding including completion of new hire paperwork, conducting drug screens, and other onboarding tasks. Conduct reference checks on candidates. Order recruiting supplies. Assist with data entry and reporting.
- High School Diploma (Associates degree preferred)
- 3+ years in administrative support
- Excellent Microsoft Office experience
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Ability to work through problems as they arise with minimal direction
Founded in 1993, Innovative Refrigeration Systems has grown from a humble garage shop into a powerhouse in ammonia refrigeration. We meet our customers’ needs and exceed their expectations. Innovative Refrigeration Systems holds itself to a higher standard of quality.
Our company focuses on four core values: Safety, Quality, Experience and Reliability. Innovative Refrigeration Systems not only meets the needs of our customers, but exceeds their expectations. We hold ourselves to a higher standard, and pursue ever-improving quality. As a full service company, our customers have come to count on our commitment to excellence in every system and service we provide.
- Safety: Our company is one of the few in the state of Virginia that is OSHA SHARP certified which means we are a model for workplace health and safety. The safety of our employees is a top priority for us.
- Quality: We settle for only the best, and our customers know when they work with us that they are getting the best-in-class products and services.
- Experience: We focus on ensuring our staff have the experience necessary to thrive in their career. We do this by offering apprenticeship opportunities, our self-guided STAR training program, and by placing a heavy focus on internal training.
- Reliability: High quality product from the start is critical in sustaining long-lasting relationships with our customers. From design, to construction, and continuing into service and aftermarket support, our team offers unbeatable full life-cycle refrigeration expertise.
- Retirement plan; 401K company match dollar for dollar up to 15%
- Health insurance; company pays 75% of the premiums for employee/family
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Weekly pay
- Competitive vacation & holiday pay
- Supplemental insurance available (Aflac)
- Short-term & long-term disability coverage
- Accidental death/dismemberment coverage after one year of employment
- Life insurance coverage after one year of employment
- Employee referral incentives
- Opportunities for advancement, professional development, training opportunities, and apprenticeship programs available
- Discounts on cell phone plans, rental vehicles, and other company discounts for eligible positions