Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. is a locally-owned, premier custom refrigeration system company that provides a one-stop shop for our valued customers. We are proud to provide everything from custom designed refrigeration systems to upkeep and maintenance for our clients. Because of our continuous growth, we are looking for qualified new teammates who share our drive and vision.
We are looking for an experienced and driven IT Systems Administrator to join the team in Lyndhurst, VA. As the IT Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for solving problems for an enterprise level IT department. This position would critical to the success of the company, and provide technical assistance across the entire organization.
Why work for us? We can offer you a career path and training to advance your career to the next level! We offer competitive salary, full benefits, substantial retirement packages (15% dollar for dollar match!), and growth opportunities to establish a career. Simply put, we are looking to invest time and money into developing the most elite team in the refrigeration industry. If you want to be the best in the business, this position is for you!
Our company focuses on four core values: Safety, Quality, Experience and Reliability. Innovative Refrigeration Systems not only meets the needs of our customers, but exceeds their expectations. We hold ourselves to a higher standard, and pursue ever-improving quality. As a full service company our customers have come to count on our commitment to excellence in every system and service we provide.
- Safety: Our company is one of the few in the state of Virginia that is OSHA SHARP certified which means we are a model for workplace health and safety. The safety of our employees is a top priority for us.
- Quality: We settle for only the best, and our customers know when they work with us that they are getting the best-in-class products and services.
- Experience: We focus on ensuring our staff have the experience necessary to thrive in their career. We do this by offering apprenticeship opportunities, our self-guided STAR training program, and by placing a heavy focus on internal training.
- Reliability: High quality product from the start is critical in sustaining long-lasting relationships with our customers. From design, to construction, and continuing into service and aftermarket support, our team offers unbeatable full life-cycle refrigeration expertise.
- Exercise oversight to ensure that operations, new plans, policies, procedures and transition/migration plans are consistent with overall company goals and objectives
- Position includes significant help desk tasks and support
- Provide technical support for internal users, field technicians, and customer job PC’s
- Configure, monitor, and analyze performance on Linux and Windows Server 2008-2012R2 systems in both physical and virtualized environments (Hyper-V)
- Document IT SOP’s to provide quick and consistent support and prevent downtime
- Plan systems hardware and software needs based on load and security threats, including patching existing services where necessary
- Conduct ongoing security risk assessments, including the monitoring, investigation and reporting of security and access violations
- Assist with software and hardware configuration/installation troubleshooting, and repairs including: desktop/laptop hardware, network printers, and other peripherals
- Assist with the long-term architecture & infrastructure planning and development
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems or other IT related field highly preferred. Prior IT work experience will be considered.
- Certifications such as MCSA/MCSE, Linux+/LPI/LCFS/RHCE, or EMC highly preferred
- Experience working with Office 365/Exchange Online & Microsoft Azure
- 3+ years preferred experience providing first tier IT technical support in a Windows environment
- 3+ years providing tier two IT technical support, or Windows / Linux system administration preferred
- Leadership and management qualities
- Excellent communication skills - written & verbal
- Ability to work with all levels of ability
- Ability to be a team player while operating with a high degree of independence
- Availability for night and/or weekend work as required
- Creative problem solving, attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Retirement plan; company matches dollar for dollar up to 15%
- Health insurance; company pays 75% of the premiums for employee/family
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Weekly pay
- Competitive vacation & holiday pay
- Supplemental insurance available (Aflac)
- Short-term & long-term disability coverage
- Accidental death/dismemberment coverage after one year of employment
- Life insurance coverage after one year of employment
- Employee referral incentives
- Opportunities for advancement, professional development, training opportunities, and apprenticeship programs available
- Discounts on cell phone plans, rental vehicles, and other company discounts for eligible positions
*not a remote position